Dry heels can cause a lot of discomfort so it is necessary to treat them before they become a problem. Here are some tips to help you get rid of dry heels.
- Soak your feet into warm water and rub your heels using a pumice stone, a heel file or skin brush to remove dead skin and reveal a softer and smoother skin
- Apply a foot cream that moisturizes the skin in order to keep it nourished and elastic
- Go for regular pedicures
- Apply a peel treatment for dry heels in order to remove the outer layer of thick, dead skin. There are several brands which produce these type of peeling treatments for heels. Choose one and use it every few days until you see an improvement
- Wear footwear that are comfortable and fit you perfectly. Uncomfortable shoes can also help the skin around the heels thicken therefore leading to the development of cracks
- Moisturize your heels after bathing
- massage your feet and your heels to promote blood circulation
Remember to take good care of your heels on a daily basis. Remove the dead skin cells, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize to keep the skin hydrated.