Thursday 8 September 2011

Beauty | Tom Ford















Tom Ford recently revealed that he has expanded his beauty line into a full range of cosmetics and skincare products.
This new beauty line was released in September 2011, with an ad campaign which he co-starred with Lara Stone, is inspired by the seventies and back-to-basics with bold colors. Ford stated "My intention was to do color cosmetics out of the gate, but not everyone else was convinced that I had a voice in color until the lipsticks started selling out again and again". He added that being a former architecture student helped form the basis of the collection " You need to understand the face and compensate for the architecture of the face. A nice thick brow is key to a youthful face". And finally he added that he has "cared about cosmetics and makeup since I was a kid...when I was 14 I had to be taken to the emergency room because the cucumber slices I had put on my eyes, to camouflage the bags, had made them swell shut. I could eat cucumbers, but my eyes were clearly allergic to them". Well, we guess now we're all thankful that Tom Ford did not give up on beauty, makeup and skincare even after his cucumber incident. We just love how Tom Ford has taken one tone color and used it in different ways on different parts of the face, it's a very beautiful look and we adore this luxurious collection even his two new perfumes!...Here are photos of the ad campaign for his new skincare and beauty line for September 2011...


1 comment:

  1. the lipsticks look great! the rest of course too :)

    bisous,
    mia

    HEYLILAHEY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...