Thursday 29 September 2011

Contouring and Highlighting 101

Contouring and highlighting is one of the oldest methods in the makeup industry. Yet contouring and highlighting is one of the most frequently
left out steps in makeup applications. Contouring and highlighting creates a sense of balance, adding definition to your makeup with color. Contrary to belief, contouring is always some shade of brown. Never use shades of makeup such as pink, plum etc. Use a shade that is similar to your skin tone, tan is the most preferred colour for contouring. We advise you use contouring and highlighting to create the illusion of larger eyes, slimmed down nose and sculpted cheek bones without spending an insane amount of money for going under the knife. Here is a video tutorial on contouring and highlighting.










5 comments:

  1. Great post, so important! Growing up, my mom made me take a class to learn how to properly apply make up and it has helped me so much since!

    Thanks!

    xo, Maryam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog!!!! follow you. can you follow me back?
    xx
    Inés
    http://enisdaba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool post, I appreciate it so much! I've learn so many tips! Come and visit my blog, and if you like it, follow me, I'll be waiting for you!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  4. contouring is so vital! awesome post. those illustrations are so helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...